Ellie turns 2

I haven't blogged in forever. SO behind. Alas pushing forward. 

Yesterday my baby turned 2. It wasn't as hard as I was expecting. She's been acting 2 for quite some time now. She is so full of life and spunk. She is a little firecracker. We weaned from nursing at about 21 months when Leiland and I went away for 3 days to cub scouts camp. It took about 5 days for her to stop asking for milk but only 2-3 days to not cry when I told her no and that it was all gone. Ever since weaning she has drastically increased the amount of food she eats and greatly expanded what she is willing to try. She still has no interest in milk, but is growing just fine without it. 

In April I found some decay on Ellies teeth. I took her into the dentist right away. They had to put this stuff on that turns black to reveal the cavities. It also seals and stops any further decay. She needed 2 applications 2 weeks apart. They ended up being much worse than the dentist expected but thankfully it was taken care of quickly and prevented her potentially losing her teeth. She will go back next month to do another follow up. For fear that her nursing at night was the cause we immediately night weaned. It only took a few days. This didn't immediately stop her from waking at night though. When I was gone for camp, Tim was able to just lay her down and walk out. No tears or fight. Not what I had to deal with. But once I returned I pushed her because I knew she could do it. There was some push back, but she did it. Overall since then she has started sleeping better. She was even sleeping all night consistently for quite awhile in there until her 2 year molars started pushing. None have broke through however 2 are very swollen at the top. 

Currently Ellie is wearing size 2t. She seems to be on the short side so dressers are almost always long as are pants. Leggings work great though. 18 months bottoms are now too small but many 2t are too big. Making it work. She weighs exactly 21 pounds but I have to measure the height. Wearing a size 4 diaper but is showing a lot of interest in potty training. This may be a new adventure here soon. She still rear faces in the car right now and I am not sure yet when that will change. Just playing it by ear at this time. 

In the last month or so Ellie has fallen in love with Mickey Mouse. She has always kinda liked him but now she will watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and its all about mickey and the hot dog song. She will watch many things but only requests Mickey by name. She also likes Sunny Day, Bubble Guppies, and most cartoons that end up on the tv before she can request Mickey. She even likes Barney on the computer. 

Although she does love her some Mickey she is REALLY obsessed with baby dolls, rainbows, unicorns, dinosaurs, the playset and her roller coaster car, and is already playing make believe. I often find her off playing in the play kitchen all by herself. She is a great helper in the kitchen any chance she gets as well as doing laundry. At nighttime she loves wearing multiple blankets and has about 9 babies and multiple stuffed animals in her crib. She walks around on tip toes, or runs and jumps all through the house. Its absolutely adorable. Such a bright spirit. 

Befor Ellie weaned she wasn't a cuddler. Anytime she was able to touch me she was asking to nurse. It really made me touched out and over it at that time, but also I worried she wouldn't want me as much once she weaned. Now that she has weaned she has swapped all that nursing time with snuggles. She wants to lay her face on my chest to feel my skin, as well as putting her hand on my boobs for comfort. She is such a sweet cuddler and I just love it. I never would have guessed she would wind up such a cuddler. 

On her actual birthday 




























0 comments:

Post a Comment